Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Idea Post #4

Idea Post #4
September 23, 2010

Distribution (of art)

Relation:
I am honestly feeling a little lost about the direction to go with my work this week. The only thing I feel like has remained constant in my head has been the idea of distribution. Figuring out how, where, and to whom to distribute these images has been plaguing me. I feel like I should really worry about how to effectively capture my concept before anything else, but the idea of distribution won't leave my head. I feel like this post was mandatory to ease my mind and let me concentrate on the image before getting the image out there.



Quotes:


A blind man can make art if what is in his mind can be passed to another mind in some tangible form.
-Sol LeWitt

Just as the development of earth art and installation art stemmed from the idea of taking art out of the galleries, the basis of my involvement with public art is a continuation of wall drawings.
-Sol LeWitt


Annotated Bibliography:


Rushton, Alan et.al. The Handbook of Logistics and Distribution Management. London: Kogan Page, 2006.
This book doesn't have anything to do with distributing artwork, but for this post I figured I should look into the means of distribution itself first. This book deals with the logistics of distributing anything. It goes through warehousing, product shipping, and different ways to move product around different locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment