Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Idea Post #6

Idea Post #6

October 14, 2010


Advertising


Considering advertising is a pretty broad topic, I figured I should chose quotes from the Ad Legends for my advertising experts:



Quotes:


“I have a theory that the best ads come from personal experience. Some of the good ones I have done have really come out of the real experience of my life, and somehow this has come over as true and valid and persuasive.
David Ogilvy


Source:

"David Ogilvy." BrainyQuote.com. Xplore Inc, 2010. 14 October. 2010. http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/david_ogilvy.html



“It is insight into human nature that is the key to the communicator's skill. For whereas the writer is concerned with what he puts into his writings, the communicator is concerned with what the reader gets out of it. He therefore becomes a student of how people read or listen.”
William Bernbach


Source: "William Bernbach." BrainyQuote.com. Xplore Inc, 2010. 14 October. 2010. http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/william_bernbach.html



Annotated Bibliography:


Sullivan, Luke. Hey, Whipple, Squeeze This!. New York: Wiley, 2008.

I know this book well. We are reading this book in my advertising class and to be honest, it’s brilliant. It’s an easy read written in a comical, whitty way and it teaches you the ins and outs on how to get your message to the consumer. It does not give you the history of advertising, but for my project, this book works perfectly. For what I’m doing I don’t need the history, I need to know the facts… the details on how to reach a target audience with a specific message. This book is great for that.



Relation:


When trying to think about what word or topic relates to my work this week, I was getting a little stumped because my tactic hasn’t changed in the last few weeks. But if I really think about what I am doing with this project, the main tactic I am using is simply advertising. In my opinion, all advertising is is spreading a message to an audience in a creative way. Isn’t that exactly what I’m doing? Maybe looking more into tactics used to spread advertising to the target audience will help me think of different ways to distribute my message.

No comments:

Post a Comment