Thursday, November 4, 2010

Idea Post #8

Idea Post #8
November 4, 2010

Interview


Quotes:

"I accepted the interviews and encounters that had to be held with the media, but I would have preferred to work in peace."
Naguib Mahfouz
Source: Naguib, Mahfouz. "Interview Quotes." N.p., 2001. Web. 4 Nov 2010. .


"I do interviews because it's a chance to be myself. I sometimes wonder what I could have to say that would be of any interest. I don't have any great wisdom."
Parker Stevenson
Stevenson, Parker. "Interview Quotes." N.p., 2001. Web. 4 Nov 2010. .


Annotated Bibliography:
Mooman, Pamela. "How to Conduct an Effective Interview." Suite101. N.p., 05 May 2009. Web. 4 Nov 2010. .
When I was researching different materials on how to conduct an interview, I was coming up short. I kept finding sources for job interviews, and that's not really the kind of interview process I was talking about. I ended up finding this website that is made for innovation for writers, and this article fits the bill pretty well. It goes through some pretty elaborate tips on how to ask the right questions and how to phrase those questions. It's a pretty good resource, even though it isn't in book form.
Relation: The next part of my project is finding the answer to the question I asked. I have started interviewing influential people in the lives of the next generation, seeking an answer to the question. For my idea post this week, I thought it would be helpful to learn a little bit more about conducting interviews, since I see myself doing this a lot from here on out. I have started to get a database full of answers and am trying to decide how to organize these answers to establish patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment